Friday 17 July 2009

Secret Whispers

A touch of breeze …
so soft, so alluring,
it embraced my cheeks,
whispered on my ears.

‘I’m the breeze.
I’m bringing love your way.’

I had been breathless
for years now.
I inhaled the odor
of my voidances till now.

‘I’m ready.
But I’m ready for a
hurricane of love.’

I whispered back.

The breeze passed by
smiling acrimoniously,
knowing it was not what I was seeking.

And I waited for a hurricane of love
knowing it will only last for few hours.
I’m smart
For I knew that secret
why the breeze had smiled at me !

4 comments:

Santiago said...

I am waiting for a poem in which the love has been fulfilled, dreams have been achieved, happiness has been returned ...

Srishti Padathiyaar said...

There are a thousands poems unfinished about a love thats buried within.. Thats my dream and the happiness, I want to earn.. The waiting depends not on me but on someone else ! Hope you got me ! :)

pankaj banerjee said...

Being love-hungry and being unrequited in love—there’s helluva of difference between the two. Differentiating the two states again is not just easy. Both, however, corrode the heart, but the later state burns too deep. Thus it sure needs a hurricane of love of the same genre to heal up. You deserve kudos for you picked up a subtle zone of love. Please give a little too more careful a thought while chiseling your words. Yet you deserve kudos.

mrniiiceguy said...

Gentle Breeze ...