Monday 1 June 2009

Climbing the Rock

Bit my nails in distress.
Filled my eyes with gloom.
The night was shadowy
creeping on my soul with mystery.
Shuddering my weak body,
I was shuddering out of uncertainty.
I knew, I was helpless;
Helpless of my fear towards
the high and steep dreams.
It stood like a rocky mountain. The dreams seemed like a
mammoth long distinct from earth.
I felt weaker as I walked past it.
Felt numbness on my legs;
a sandstorm in my stomach.
I stood there, watching hours
crawling like a snake on a
polished black granite surface;
myself crawling with time.
Waited until dawn, and the
sun showed up with a bright smile.

I touched the dusty rock
with my urge to climb.
Legs found a break in the rock.
I climbed, with a mission in mind.
I climbed, not to look down.
I climbed, not to look down
at my past, not to fall for it.
I climbed, not to fall for my grieves.

Touched the peak, and climbed over.
Now I looked down and
saw a replica of myself
standing down, still shuddering.
But I felt wonderful, seeing where I was.
I did not look down to fall for my past.

The wild illusion of myself that I
Was seeing down, I laughed at it!

6 comments:

ARINDAM DEY said...

Beautiful writing!
"The wild illusion of myself that I
Was seeing down, I laughed at it!"
Loved these words...
Waiting for more from you...

peter ivan said...

Definitly a work for posteriety and a good one ....

Srishti Padathiyaar said...

@ arindam dey

Thanks a lot friend.
Hope I can write more...

@ peter

Thank you. :)

A Liberated Soul said...

Will email u the comment.

mrniiiceguy said...

Hmmmn ... I learned ... Patience, Dream, Climb with a Mission, Don’t fall for the past, Laugh at the illusions ... Thank You ...

Srishti Padathiyaar said...

@ mrniiiceguy

Thank you :)